10 EASY WAYS TO GET MORE DAILY EXERCISE
If you’re reading this article, it’s a fair guess that you probably need to get more exercise, right? But with work, family, a social life and other commitments, finding time isn’t always easy.
Well here’s some good news: you don’t need to be a marathon runner to be getting a healthy amount of movement in your day. As they say success isn’t an ambition, it’s a habit, and that is definitely true for exercise; just making a few small changes to your life could have a big overall effect. With that in mind, we’ve put together this list of handy ways to incorporate exercise into your daily routine.
1. Park a couple of blocks from work, or get off the bus one stop early, and walk the rest of the way.
2. If you work in an office, don’t email your colleagues, walk over to their desks for a chat.
3. At work, walk around for five minutes every hour to tally up an extra half hour of exercise a day.
4. Try using a wireless headset at work, so you can walk and talk while you’re on the phone.
5. Get out at lunch for a walk.
6. Always take the stairs instead instead of the lift or elevator.
7. Hide the remote control.
8. Go for a parking space that’s a little further from the shops.
9. Instead of catching up with friends for a meal or drinks, go for a walk and a takeaway coffee.
10. Choose two baskets when you do your groceries rather than a trolley.
Obviously, these are just a few of the ways you can incorporate movement into your day; there are literally thousands more. But generally if you can consistently apply these few tricks for six months, you’ll fall into a daily habit that could change your life.