Asian Salmon with Quinoa Salad
This spicy salmon dish leaves a lasting impression on the palate and the eyes as it boasts many colours which are also an important source of antioxidants including Vitamin C. Salmon is an excellent source of Omega 3’s, packed with protein and full of flavour. The quinoa salad is a light accompaniment packed with Vitamin C and dietary fibre too. This meal is also a good source of Iron plus low in saturated fat and cholesterol too.
Salmon and Marinade Ingredients –
600g Salmon (4 x 150g fillets)This spicy salmon dish leaves a lasting impression on the palate and the eyes as it boasts many colours which are also an important source of antioxidants including Vitamin C. Salmon is an excellent source of Omega 3’s, packed with protein and full of flavour.
1Tb Thai Red Chili paste
1 Tb sesame oil
Canola oil Spray
2 tsp lime juice
0.5 tsp dried coriander
0.5 tsp ginger, minced
Pinch of pepper
Quinoa Salad Ingredients –
0.5 cup dry Quinoa
1 cup red cabbage, chopped
1 Red capsicum, chopped
1 Carrot, grated
1 Cucumber, sliced into 1cm cubes
¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
Dressing Ingredients –
¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
1 Tb Rice wine vinegar
1 Tb sesame oil
1 tsp ginger, minced
2 tsp sesame seeds
0.5 tsp red chili (fresh or dried)
1. Boil quinoa with water over medium heat for 5 mins then turn to low to simmer for 15mins or until all water absorbed then remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
2. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, 1 Tb sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, 1tsp minced ginger and fresh/dried chili.
3. Combine quinoa with chopped red capsicum, cabbage, cucumber and grated carrot then stir through dressing and set aside.
4. In another small bowl, combine chili paste, lime juice, dried coriander and 0.5 tsp of minced ginger in a bowl and brush mixture over both sides of the salmon. Season with pepper.
5. Spray a non-stick pan with canola oil and cook salmon fillets on a medium-high heat for approx. 4 mins until browned. Turn and cook approx. 3-5 mins on other side as desired.
Serving size: 319g
|Nutrient||Per serve||Per 100g|
|Energy||2020kJ (483Cal)||634kJ (151Cal)|
|– Long Chain N3||2950mg||9250mg|
|Vitamin C||67.2mg (168%RDI)||21.0mg|